Amherstburg area was once the home of the Wyandotte, Huron, Neutrals, and Petuns who were dispersed by the Iroquois in the 1640’s. Some eventually reunited and settled along the Detroit River, where they became known as the Hurons of Detroit, or Wyandotte. After the fall of New France, the Wyandotte became supporters of the British during the American Revolution although many remained neutral in the War of 1812. A few names in the cemetery include, White, Warrow, Spitlog, Drouillard, Clark and Brown. A truly inspiring landmark along the Detroit River bank.
LOCATION: 968 Front Road North, Amherstburg, ON N9V 0E3
(County Road. 20 & County Road 10)