Essex County Library – A piece of Carnegie architecture in Amherstburg
The Public Library, financed by Andrew Carnegie and completed in 1913, was built from limestone extracted from the quarry in Anderdon Township. The library was designed by Charles Howard Crane and opened in 1913. Today, a fully operational library system provides the community with current modes of information services.
LOCATION: 232 Sandwich St South, Amherstburg, ON N9V 2A4
CONTACT: (226) 946-1529 ext. 240